Guess Who's Back? And With a Granny Square Shrug!


So, it's been a long time since I last posted anything about crocheting, but also a long time since I last crocheted anything. I've been SUPER busy: I got promoted at my job twice, I've joined a new church that I am actually quite active in (I usually try to avoid being active, for lazy reasons), I joined the praise team at my church, and I've made new friends. Also, I self-published a book.

So, I really haven't had time for my crocheting hobby. Basically, business has taken over my life. But that's actually what recently pushed me back into crocheting...the stress of business. I started feeling like I didn't have anything that I did just for me. Everything was feeling like something I do for someone or something else. And it was stressing me out. So, I bought some yarn, reactivated by Pinterest obsession, and got to working. Let me share what I've done so far.

I'm a member of the Facebook group Crochet Addict, and the ladies over there have been obsessed with a viral crochet project called the Granny Square Cocoon Shrug:

Well, the more members posted their versions of this lovely project, the more I wanted to make one of my own. So I did:


I used Red Heart's With Love yarns, with the body of the project being grey and the border being an almost orchid color. This is how it looked before I added the border:

And here are a few shots of me wearing it the day after I finished it:




After completing this project and getting many rave reviews on it, my passion for crocheting was rekindled. So I'll be back in a few to share other works in progress, as well as some completed ones. 

P.S. Here's a video tutorial from Yarnutopia, on how to make this shrug:






No comments: