Freestyled Project Completed: Filet Crochet Hat & Scarf Set


In a previous post I mentioned that I am not as consistent with following patterns. The fact of the matter is this: for some reason, I love to freestyle crochet projects. There is something pleasurable about picking up the hook and yarn, and just letting my brain create the project as it tells it to my fingers. This doesn't always result in a great project: I've wasted quite a bit of yarn over the years on failed projects! But sometimes my freestyling results in a great finished product.

This was one of those times. I started out with a chain that was as long as my arms stretched out from side to side:

Then I proceeded to do rows of filet crochet with a double crochet stitch. If you want to see a filet crochet in action, here is a video that explains it pretty well (in the video, they incorporate a heart into the project, but I didn't do that).


I was inspired by the scarf to create a matching hat, so I did. I think everything turned out great. Here are some more pictures:






No comments: